Salesforce Admin Certification Guide.
The Salesforce Certified Administrator Exam is designed for individuals who have experience with Salesforce administration & configuration. This exam is probably the first exam most of the people looking for a career in Salesforce attempts. With more topics being added in every Salesforce Release Admin Certifications is definitely not the easiest amongst the 35 + Salesforce Trailhead Certifications. When preparing for exam it is recommended to complete the entire Admin Certification Trailmix and review Help Documentation Pages for some of the key topics.
1. About the Salesforce Admin Certification Exam
- Content: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions and 5 non-scored questions
- Time allotted to complete the exam: 105 minutes
- Passing score: 65% (39 out of 60 Questions)
- Registration fee: USD 200 plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Retake fee: USD 100 plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Prerequisites: None
2. Exam Outline
Configuration and Setup: 20%
- Describe the information found in the company settings (for example: company settings fiscal year, business hours, currency management, default settings).
- Distinguish and understand the administration of declarative configuration of the User Interface. (for example: UI settings, app menu, list views, global actions, Lightning App Builder).
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the proper setup and maintenance of users.
- Explain the various organization Security Controls. (for example: Setup Audit Trail, Login Hours, Session Settings)
- Given a user request scenario, apply the appropriate security controls based on the features and capabilities of the Salesforce sharing model. (for example: public groups, org wide default, sharing: roles, subordinates, hierarchy, report and dashboard folders)
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate use of a custom profile or permission set using the various profile settings and permissions.
Object Manager and Lightning App Builder: 20%
- Describe the standard object architecture and relationship model. (for example: standard object, parent/child, master detail/lookup/junction relationships, and record types.)
- Explain how to create, delete, and customize fields and page layouts on standard and custom objects, and know the implications of deleting fields.
- Given a scenario, determine how to create and assign page layouts, record types and business processes for custom and standard objects.
Sales and Marketing Applications: 12%
- Given a scenario, identify the capabilities and implications of the sales process. (for example: sales process, opportunity, path, and forecast impact.)
- Given a scenario, apply the appropriate sales productivity features using opportunity tools. (for example: dashboards, lead scoring, Einstein opportunity scoring, and home page assistant.)
- Describe the capabilities of lead automation tools and campaign management. (for example: leads, lead convert, lead assignment rules, campaign and campaign members.)
Service and Support Applications: 11%
- Describe the capabilities of case management. (for example: case, case assignment rules, and queues.)
- Given a scenario, identify how to automate case management. (for example: support process, case auto-response rules, and case escalation.)
Productivity and Collaboration: 7%
- Describe the capabilities of activity management.
- Describe the features of Chatter.
- Describe the capabilities of Salesforce Mobile App.
- Identify use cases for AppExchange applications.
Data and Analytics Management: 14%
- Describe the considerations when importing, updating, transferring, mass deleting, exporting and backing up data.
- Describe the capabilities and implications of data validation tools.
- Describe the options available when creating or customizing a report or report type.
- Describe the impact of the sharing model on reports.
- Describe the options available when creating and modifying dashboards (e.g., dashboard components, data sources, chart types, Subscribing, running user).
Workflow/Process Automation: 16%
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate automation solution based on the capabilities of the tool.
- Describe capabilities and use cases for Flow.
- Describe capabilities and use cases for the approval process.
3. Salesforce Admin Certification Exam Guide
4. Salesforce Admin Certification Trailmix
5. Salesforce Admin Certification Trail
6. Free Salesforce Admin Certification Practice Test
7. Salesforce Admin Certification Exam Important Topics
7.1 Configuration and Setup: 20% (12 Questions)
- Company Information
- Salesforce Editions
- License Types
- Standard Fiscal Year vs Custom Fiscal Year
- Single Currency Vs Multi Currency
- UI Settings
- App Menu
- List Views
- Quick Actions (Global vs Object Specific)
- Lightning App Builder
- User Deactivation
- Permission Set
- Setup Audit Trail
- Login Hours
- Locale Settings
- Session Settings
- Org wide Default
- Sharing Rules
- Record Ownership
- When to Buy from AppExchange vs Building Custom Solution
7.2 Object Manager and Lightning App Builder: 20% (12 Questions)
- Standard vs Custom Objects
- Primitive Data Types
- Field Types
- Field Sets
- Relationships Master Detail Vs Lookup
- Many-to-Many Relationship using Junction Object
- Roll-Up Summary Fields
- Page Layout
- How can field be made required? FLS vs Page Layout
- Field History Tracking
- Recycle Bin
- Governor Limits
7.3 Sales and Marketing Applications: 12% (7 Questions)
- Sales Process
- Lead Scoring
- Einstein Opportunity Scoring
- Web to Lead
- Lead Conversion
- Lead Assignment Rules
- Email Templates
7.4 Service and Support Applications: 11% (6 Questions)
- Support Process
- Case Management
- Case Assignment Rules
- Case Auto Response Rules
7.5 Productivity and Collaboration: 7% (5 Questions)
- Activity Management
- Permissions required to use chatter
- Chatter License
- Chatter Groups
- How to enable object for Chatter Feed Tracking
- Salesforce Mobile App
7.6 Data and Analytics Management: 14% (8 Questions)
- Data Management
- Data Loader vs Data Import Wizard
- Data Validation Tools
- Reports & Dashboards
- Report & Dashboard Folder Permissions
- Chart Types
- Report Types
- Dashboard Components
- Dashboard Running User
- Scheduling Dashboard Refresh
7.7 Workflow/Process Automation: 16% (10 Questions)
- Process Builder
- When can process be triggered
- What are the actions available in process builder
- Types of Flows
- Flow Components
- Approval Process
- Approval Process Steps
- Parallel Approval