Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant Exam Guide.
Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant credential is designed for those who can set up and implement the Salesforce Marketing Cloud email application tools, providing solutions to execute both tactical and strategic email campaigns.
1. About the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant Exam
- Content: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions, up to 5 unscored questions
- Time allotted to complete the exam: 105 minutes
- Passing score: 67% (41 Questions out of 60)
- Registration fee: USD 200, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Prerequisite: Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Administrator credential
2. Exam Outline
Discovery and Architecture: 16%
- Provided with a set of business requirements, determine what additional information is needed to design the recommended solution.
- Demonstrate how to gather requirements in order to put together a data and segmentation strategy for the customer.
- Given a customer skill set, make recommendations on appropriate solutions for long term ease of use and maintenance.
- Given a customer use case, demonstrate knowledge of features, viability, and troubleshooting of Marketing Cloud Connect.
- Articulate how data model will support personalized and relevant messaging and content.
- Given a customer use case, recommend which extension product(s) addresses the requirement.
Account Configuration: 12%
- Given a customer scenario, determine the appropriate account hierarchy.
- Given a scenario, solution issues regarding Reply Mail Management.
- Analyze the impact of applying Sender Authentication Package (SAP) to a business unit.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate knowledge of features and troubleshooting of Mobile Studio.
- Given a customer scenario, provide the appropriate automation type and activities that should be utilized.
- Given a customer scenario, design complex automations using Journey Builder and Automation Studio.
Data Modeling and Management: 21%
- Given a customer scenario, demonstrate the ability to differentiate when to use standard reports, data views and tracking extracts.
- Explain the various data objects in Marketing Cloud.
- Evaluate implications on data model when choosing contact identity
- Given a customer scenario, describe various ways to individualize message content.
- Given a customer scenario, determine the appropriate messaging option.
3. Exam Guide
4. Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant Certification Trailmix
5. Important Topics for Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant Exam
5.1 Discovery and Architecture: 16% (10 Questions)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Optimization
- Email Send Speed Optimization
- Email Deliverability
- Send Management
- Data Management
- Query Activity Optimization
- SQL Query Optimization
- Best Practices for Data Extensions and Query Activities
- Optimize Journey Builder Performance
- Levels of Content Complexity based on Content Builder Email – Static, Simple, Moderate & Advanced
- A Marketing Cloud account can support multiple dedicated IP addresses
- Phishing – impersonating a trustworthy source to criminally and fraudulently acquire sensitive information, such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details
- Spoofing – falsifying information in an email message; for example, using a fake “From” address
- Email authentication – process that confirms an email is not forged and is from the organization who owns the provided domain name. This process allows an ISP to block known spammers as well as to approve email from reputable domains. This process varies by ISP, with some ISPs being stricter than others
- Sender policy framework (SPF)
- DomainKeys identified mail (DKIM)
- Domain-based message authentication, reporting, and conformance (DMARC)
- Marketing Cloud REST API
- Use JSON for request and response bodies and resource endpoints
- Most REST calls are synchronous
- Timeout: 120 seconds for non-tracking and 300 seconds for tracking and data retrieve
- Maximum payload: 4MB
- Marketing Cloud REST API can be used for
- Content Builder
- Event Notification Service
- Journey Builder
- GroupConnect Chat Messaging
- MobileConnect API
- Personalization Builder
- Transactional Messaging
- Marketing Cloud SOAP API (use only XML) can be used for
- Send Email
- Subscribers and Lists
- Triggered Sends
- Marketing Cloud offers platform SDKs for C#, Java, Node, PHP, and Ruby
- Marketing Cloud Programming Languages
- AMPScript – Marketing Cloud processes the AMPscript calls at the time of send
- Guide Template Language (GTL)
- SSJS also offers personalization strings to insert values from several different sources
- ctrl:field—Subscriber and system attributes from lists and sendable data extensions
- ctrl:eval—Functions and SSJS code expressions
- SSJS Libraries
- Platform library – including SSJS in email or SMS messages
- Core library – building landing pages or applications
- The NotSent tracking extract provides information on email messages that didn’t send, including detailed reasons for the causes that prevented the send
- Subscribers Not Sent To report shows a list of emails for subscribers who weren’t included in a send during a selected time frame
- Use the Event Notification Service (ENS) to receive notifications for your own system when certain events occur in Marketing Cloud. You can be notified when customers request password resets, get order confirmations, log in using multi-factor authentication (MFA), and other events. You can also subscribe to email engagement events, such as opens, clicks, and unsubscribes